Terms & Condition
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY. IT SETS FORTH THE LEGALLY BINDING TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE AND PRODUCTS AND SERVICES AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE THROUGH THE SERVICE.
THESE TERMS REQUIRE YOU ARBITRATE ANY DISPUTES YOU HAVE WITH US AND YOU WAIVE THE ABILITY TO BRING CLAIMS AGAINST US IN A CLASS ACTION FORMAT.
Welcome to the Website provided by Bad Aura Media LLC (“Company” or “we,” “our” or “us”). These Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) govern your use of www.badaura.com, (including, without limitation, both mobile and online versions of our sites and our e-commerce store), and also applies to your use of all features, applications, content, downloads and other services that we make available through the site and/or that post a link to these Terms (collectively, referred to herein as the “Service”).
If You Want to Use This Service,
then carefully read these entire Terms (including all links to details), as they constitute a written agreement between you and us and they affect your legal rights and obligations. Each time you access and/or use the Service (other than to simply read these Terms), you agree to be bound by and comply with these Terms and any Additional Terms (defined below) then posted. Therefore, do not use the Service if you do not agree.
These Terms are necessary for us to provide the Service. Without these Terms and and related conditions— including, for example, your grants and waivers of rights, the limitations on our liability, your indemnity of us, and arbitration of certain disputes – Company would not make the Service available to you.
You should read and understand these entire Terms before using the Service.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Service Content, Ownership, Limited License and Rights of Others
- Service and Content Use Restrictions
- Terms Applicable to Purchases
- Feedback You Submit
- Notices, Questions and Customer ServiceClick here to contact us for customer service or questions.
- Links by You to the Service .
- Linked-To Websites; Advertisements; Dealings with Third Parties
- Wireless Features
- Dispute Resolution.
- Disclaimer of Representations and Warranties
- Limitations of our Liability.
- Updates to Terms
- General Provisions
- Terms Applicable For Apple iOS
- Service Content, Ownership, Limited License and Rights of Others
- a) The Service contains a variety of: (i) materials and other items relating to Company, Company’s products and services, and similar items from our licensors and other third parties, including all layout, information, books, downloads, articles, reviews, artwork, posts, text, data, files, images, scripts, designs, graphics, button icons, instructions, illustrations, photographs, audio clips, music, sounds, pictures, videos, advertising copy, URLs, technology, software, interactive features, the “look and feel” of the Service, and the compilation, assembly, and arrangement of the materials of the Service and any and all copyrightable material (including source and object code); (ii) trademarks, trade dress, logos, trade names, service marks, and/or trade identities of various parties, including those of Company (collectively, “Trademarks”); and (iii) other forms of intellectual property (all of the foregoing, collectively “Content”).
- b) Ownership. The Service (including past, present and future versions) and the Content are owned or controlled by Company and our licensors and certain other third parties. All rights, title, and interest in and to the Content available via the Service is the property of Company or our licensors or certain other third parties, and is protected by U.S. and international copyright, trademark, trade dress, patent, or other intellectual property and unfair competition rights and laws to the fullest extent possible. Company owns the copyright in the selection, compilation, assembly, arrangement, and enhancement of the Content on the Service.
- c) Limited License. Subject to your strict compliance with these Terms and the Additional Terms, Company grants you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-assignable, personal, and non-transferable license to download (temporary storage only), display, view, use, play, and/or print the Content (excluding source and object code in raw form or otherwise, other than as made available to access and use to enable display and functionality) on a personal computer, mobile phone or other wireless device, or other Internet enabled device (each, a “Device”) for your personal, non-commercial use only. The foregoing limited license: (i) does not give you any ownership of, or any other intellectual property interest in, any Content, and (ii) may be immediately suspended or terminated for any reason, in Company’s sole discretion, and without advance notice or liability. In some instances, we may permit you to have greater access to and use of Content, subject to certain Additional Terms.
- d) Rights of Others.When using the Service, you must respect the intellectual property and other rights of Company and others. Your unauthorized use of Content may violate copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, communications, and other laws, and any such use may result in your personal liability, including potential criminal liability.
- e) Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DCMA) Designated Agent. If you believe that there has been a copyright infringement on this website or in connection with the Service, and you would like to submit a DMCA report of copyright infringement to our designated agent, please click on the attached link HERE.
- Service and Content Use Restrictions
- a) Service Use Restrictions. The Service and Content are intended for personal use and are not divisible. Accordingly, you agree that you will not: (i) use the Service for any political or commercial purpose (including, without limitation, for purposes of advertising, soliciting funds, collecting product prices, and selling products); (ii) you will not license, hypothecate, assign, distribute or host the Service or Content; (iii) use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing any Trademarks; (iv) engage in any activities through or in connection with the Service that seek to attempt to or do harm any individuals or entities or are unlawful, offensive, obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, threatening, harassing, or abusive, or that violate any right of any third party, or are otherwise objectionable to Company; (v) reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, reverse assemble, or modify any Service source or object code or any software or other products, services, or processes accessible through any portion of the Service; (vi) engage in any activity that interferes with a user’s access to the Service or the proper operation of the Service, or otherwise causes harm to the Service, Company, or other users of the Service; (vii) interfere with or circumvent any security feature of the Service or any feature that restricts or enforces limitations on use of or access to the Service or the Content; (viii) harvest or otherwise collect or store any information (including personally identifiable information about other users of the Service, including email addresses, without the express consent of such users); (ix) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Service, other computer systems or networks connected to the Service, through password mining or any other means; (x) falsely claim that you are associated with another person or entity, or otherwise disguise the origin of information transmitted to, from, or through the Service; or (xi) otherwise violate these Terms or any Additional Terms or circumvent
- b) Content Use Restrictions. You also agree that, in using the Service: (i) you will not monitor, gather, copy, or distribute the Content (except as may be a result of standard search engine activity or use of a standard browser) on the Service by using any robot, rover, “bot”, spider, scraper, crawler, spyware, engine, device, software, extraction tool, or any other automatic device, utility, or manual process of any kind; (ii) you will not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any such Content (including any images, text, or page layout); (iii) you will keep intact all Trademark, copyright, and other intellectual property notices contained in such Content; (iv) you will not use such Content in a manner that suggests an unauthorized association with any of our or our licensors’ products, services, or brands; (v) you will not make any modifications to such Content; (vi) you will not copy, modify, reproduce, archive, sell, lease, rent, exchange, create derivative works from, publish by hard copy or electronic means, publicly perform, display, disseminate, distribute, broadcast, retransmit, circulate or transfer to any third party or on any third-party application or website, or otherwise use or exploit such Content in any way for any purpose except as specifically permitted by these Terms or any Additional Terms or with the prior written consent of an officer of Company or, in the case of Content from a licensor, the owner of the Content; and (vii) you will not insert any code or product to manipulate such Content in any way that adversely affects any user experience.
- c) Availability of Service and Content. Company may immediately suspend or terminate the availability of the Service and Content (and any elements and features of them), in whole or in part, for any reason, in Company’s sole discretion, and without advance notice or liability.
- d) Reservation of All Rights Not Granted as to Content and Service.These Terms and any Additional Terms include only narrow, limited grants of rights to Content and to use and access the Service. No right or license may be construed, under any legal theory, by implication, estoppel, industry custom, or otherwise. All rights not expressly granted to you are reserved by Company and its licensors and other third parties. Any unauthorized use of any Content or the Service for any purpose is prohibited.
- Terms Applicable to Purchases
- a) To purchase any products or services from this Website, you must be at least thirteen (13) years of age or the applicable age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence. Prior to the purchase of any products or services, you must provide us with a valid credit card number and associated payment information including all of the following: (i) your name as it appears on the card, (ii) your credit card number, (iii) the date of expiration, and (iv) any activation numbers or codes needed to charge your card or otherwise use a valid gift card. By submitting that information to us or our third-party credit card processor, you agree that you authorize us and/or our processor to charge your card at our convenience but within thirty (30) days of credit card authorization. For any product or service that you order on the Service, you agree to pay the price applicable (including any sales taxes and surcharges) as of the time you submit the order. Company will automatically bill your credit card or other form of payment submitted as part of the order process for such price. Please note that we do not provide price protection or refunds in the event of a price drop or promotional offering.
- b) Methods of Payment, Credit Card Terms and Taxes. All purchases will be made through a third-party payment platform not owned or controlled by us. All payments must be made through your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Apple Pay, Google Pay, JCB, or Shipifypay. We currently do not accept cash, personal or business checks or any other payment form, although in the future we may change this policy. Your card issuer or payment service agreement governs your use of your designated card, and you must refer to that agreement and not these Terms to determine your rights and liabilities as a cardholder. You represent and warrant that you will not use any credit card or other form of payment unless you have all necessary legal authorization to do so. YOU, AND NOT COMPANY, ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYING ANY UNAUTHORIZED AMOUNTS BILLED TO YOUR CREDIT CARD BY A THIRD PARTY. You agree to pay all fees and charges incurred in connection with your purchases (including any applicable taxes) at the rates in effect when the charges were incurred. Unless you notify Company of any discrepancies within sixty (60) days after they first appear on your credit card statement, you agree that they will be deemed accepted by you for all purposes. If Company does not receive payment from your credit card issuer or its agent, you agree to pay all amounts due upon demand by Company or its agents. Sales taxes, or other taxes, customs, import/export charges, or similar governmental charges are not included in the price of the products. You are responsible for paying any such taxes or charges imposed on your purchases, including, but not limited to, sales, use or value-added taxes. Company shall automatically charge and withhold the applicable tax for orders to be delivered to addresses within and any states or localities that it deems is required in accordance with our order policy in effect at the time of purchase.
- c) Return Policy. All purchase transactions made through the Service are subject to Company’s return policy in effect at the time of purchase. Currently, Company’s return policy is that it accepts returns if the product is clearly and reasonably damaged or misprinted. Company may, in its sole discretion, accept returns for other reasons.
- d) Order Acceptance Policy.Your receipt of an electronic or other form of order confirmation does not signify our acceptance of your order, nor does it constitute confirmation of our offer to sell. Company reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order to accept or decline your order for any reason. Company further reserves the right any time after receipt of your order, without prior notice to you, to supply less than the quantity you ordered of any item. Your order will be deemed accepted by Company upon our delivery of products or services that you have ordered. We may require additional verifications or information before accepting any order. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you agree that, if we cancel all or a portion of your order or if we provide you less than the quantity you ordered, your sole and exclusive remedy is either that: (a) we will issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount charged for the cancelled portion or the quantity not provided (if your credit card has already been charged for the order) or (b) we will not charge your credit card for the cancelled portion of the order or the quantity not provided. Do not assume that a cancellation or change of an order you have placed with Company has been accepted until you receive a confirmation from Company via email or the Service. As stated above, you will be responsible for, and your credit card or third-party payment account may be charged for, the payment of all fees associated with orders already processed or shipped before your cancellation/change request or a request to terminate your account was received.
- e) No Responsibility to Sell Mispriced Products or Services.We endeavor to describe every item, product or service offered on this Service as accurately as possible. However, we do not warrant that specifications or pricing on the Service is complete, accurate, reliable, current, or error-free. In the event of any errors relating to the pricing or specifications of any item, product or service, Company shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders in its sole discretion. If we charged your credit card or other account prior to cancellation, we will issue a credit to your account in the amount of the charge. Additional terms may apply. If a product you purchased from Company is not as described, your sole remedy is to return it in unused condition, complete and undamaged, in the original packaging.
- f) Modifications to Prices or Billing Terms.The purchase of products and services on the Service is subject to availability. PRODUCTS AND SERVICES DISPLAYED ON THE SERVICE MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE AT ALL TIMES AND MAY BE SUBSTITUTED OR DISCONTINUED AT ANY TIME. COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT, AT ANY TIME, TO CHANGE ITS PRICES AND BILLING METHODS FOR SERVICES SOLD, EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY UPON POSTING ON THE SERVICE OR BY E-MAIL DELIVERY TO YOU.
- Feedback You Submit; Submissions.
- a) Company may now or in the future offer users of the Service, the Company website or Wireless Features (as defined in Section 8 below) the opportunity to post, upload, display, publish, distribute, transmit or otherwise make available on or submit through the Service, the Company Website of Wireless Features messages, text, files, comments, responses, information, content, results, reviews, suggestions, personally identifiable information, or other information or materials and the ideas contained therein (collectively, “User-Generated Content”). Company may allow you to do this through contact us, email, and other communications functionality. Subject to the rights and license you grant in these Terms, you retain whatever legally cognizable right, title, and interest that you have in your User-Generated Content and you remain ultimately responsible for it.
- c) License to Company of Your User-Generated Content. Except as otherwise described in any applicable Additional Terms, which specifically govern the submission of your User-Generated Content), you hereby grant to Company, and you agree to grant to Company, the non-exclusive, unrestricted, unconditional, unlimited, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, and cost-free right and license to use, copy, record, distribute, reproduce, disclose, sell, re-sell, sublicense (through multiple levels), display, publicly perform, transmit, publish, broadcast, translate, make derivative works of, and otherwise use and exploit in any manner whatsoever, all or any portion of your User-Generated Content (and derivative works thereof), for any purpose whatsoever in all formats, on or through any means or medium now known or hereafter developed, and with any technology or devices now known or hereafter developed, and to advertise, market, and promote the same. Without limitation, the granted rights include the right to: (a) configure, host, index, cache, archive, store, digitize, compress, optimize, modify, reformat, edit, adapt, publish in searchable format, and remove such User-Generated Content and combine same with other materials, and (b) use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any User-Generated Content for any purposes whatsoever, including developing, producing, and marketing products and/or services. In order to further effect the rights and license that you grant to Company to your User-Generated Content, you also hereby grant to Company, and agree to grant to Company, the unconditional, perpetual, irrevocable right to use and exploit your name, persona, and likeness in connection with any User-Generated Content, without any obligation or remuneration to you. Except as prohibited by law, you hereby waive, and you agree to waive, any moral rights (including attribution and integrity) that you may have in any User-Generated Content, even if it is altered or changed in a manner not agreeable to you. To the extent not waivable, you irrevocably agree not to exercise such rights (if any) in a manner that interferes with any exercise of the granted rights. You understand that you will not receive any fees, sums, consideration, or remuneration for any of the rights granted in this Section 5(C).
- d) Use of User Generated Content. Company may, in its sole discretion, display or post, or allow users to display or post User Generated Content or other submissions on the Company Website. Company reserves the right to take down, remove, relocate or delete any user Generated Content or submissions at any time for any reason or no reason at all. The decision whether to post or display any User Generated Content lies solely with the Company. Any similarity between User Generated Content, including any Unsolicited Ideas and Materials on the one hand, and any content created and posted by the Company and its artists, on the other hand, is pure coincidental.
- Notices, Questions and Customer Service
You agree that: (i) we may give you notices of new, revised or changed terms and other important matters by prominently posting notice on the home page of the Service, or in another reasonable manner; and (ii) we may contact you by mail or email sent to the address provided by you. You agree to promptly notify us if you change your email or mailing address.
If you have a question regarding using the Service, you may contact us via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org .You acknowledge that the provision of customer support is at Company’s sole discretion and that we have no obligation to provide you with customer support of any kind.
- Links by You to the Service
We grant you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-assignable, personal, and non-transferable license to create hyperlinks to the Service, so long as: (a) the links only incorporate text, and do not use any Trademarks; (b) the links and the content on your website do not suggest any affiliation with Company or cause any other confusion; and (c) the links and the content on your website do not portray Company or its products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter, and do not contain content that is unlawful, offensive, obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, threatening, harassing, or abusive, or that violate any right of any third party or are otherwise objectionable to Company. Company reserves the right to suspend or prohibit linking to the Service for any reason, in its sole discretion, without advance notice or any liability of any kind to you or any third party.
- Linked-To Websites; Advertisements; Dealings with Third Parties
- a) Linked Sites; Advertisements.The Service may contain links, as part of third-party ads on the Service or otherwise, to or from third-party websites (“Linked Sites”), including websites operated by advertisers, licensors, licensees, and certain other third parties who may have business relationships with Company. Company may have no control over the content, operations, policies, terms, or other elements of Linked Sites, and Company does not assume any obligation to review any Linked Sites. Company does not endorse, approve, or sponsor any Linked Sites, or any third-party content, advertising, information, materials, products, services, or other items. Furthermore, Company is not responsible for the quality or delivery of the products or services offered, accessed, obtained by or advertised at such sites. Finally, Company will under no circumstances be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental or special loss or other damage, whether arising from negligence, breach of contract, defamation, infringement of copyright or other intellectual property rights, caused by the exhibition, distribution or exploitation of any information or content contained within these third-party Linked Sites. Any activities you engage in connection with any of the same are subject to the privacy and other policies, terms and conditions of use and/or sale, and rules issued by the operator of the Linked Sites. Company disclaims all liability in connection therewith.
- b) Dealings with Third Parties. Any interactions, correspondence, transactions, and other dealings that you have with any third parties found on or through the Service (including on or via Linked Sites or advertisements) are solely between you and the third party (including issues related to the content of third-party advertisements, payments, delivery of goods, warranties (including product warranties), privacy and data security, and the like). Company disclaims all liability in connection therewith.
- a) Wireless Features.The Service may offer certain features and services that are available to you via your wireless Device. These features and services may include the ability to access the Service’s features and upload content to the Service, receive messages from the Service, and download applications to your wireless Device (collectively, “Wireless Features”). Standard messaging, data, and other fees may be charged by your carrier to participate in Wireless Features. Fees and charges may appear on your wireless bill or be deducted from your pre-paid balance. Your carrier may prohibit or restrict certain Wireless Features and certain Wireless Features may be incompatible with your carrier or wireless Device. You should check with your carrier to find out what plans are available and how much they cost. Contact your carrier with questions regarding these issues.
- b) Terms of Wireless Features. You agree that as to the Wireless Features for which you are registered for, we may send communications to your wireless Device regarding us or other parties. Further, we may collect information related to your use of the Wireless Features. If you have registered via the Service for Wireless Features, then you agree to notify Company of any changes to your wireless contact information (including phone number).
- Dispute Resolution
- a) Resolution of Disputes and Excluded Disputes.If any controversy, allegation, or claim arises out of or relates to the Service, the Content, these Terms, or any Additional Terms, whether heretofore or hereafter arising (collectively, “Dispute”), then you and we agree to send a written notice to the other providing a reasonable description of the Dispute or Excluded Dispute, along with a proposed resolution of it. Our notice to you will be sent to you based on the most recent contact information that you provide us. But if no such contact information exists or if such information is not current, then we have no obligation under this Section 10(a). Your notice to us must be sent to: Bad Aura Media, LLC _______________________. For a period of sixty (60) days from the date of receipt of notice from the other party, Company and you will engage in a dialogue in order to attempt to resolve the Dispute or Excluded Dispute, though nothing will require either you or Company to resolve the Dispute or Excluded Dispute on terms with respect to which you and Company, in each of our sole discretion, are not comfortable.
- b) Limited Time to File Claims. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IF YOU OR WE WANT TO ASSERT A DISPUTE AGAINST THE OTHER, OTHER THANA DISPUTE RELATED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, THEN YOU OR WE MUST COMMENCE IT (BY DELIVERY OF WRITTEN NOTICE AS SET FORTH IN SECTION 10(a)) WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE DISPUTE ARISES — OR IT WILL BE FOREVER BARRED. Commencing means, as applicable: (a) by delivery of written notice as set forth above in Section 10(a); or (cb) filing an action in state or Federal court. The parties expressly waive any contrary statute of limitations or time bars, both legal and equitable, to the Disputes.
- c) Injunctive Relief.The foregoing provisions of this Section 10 will not apply to any legal action taken by either party to seek an injunction or other equitable relief in connection with, any loss, cost, or damage (or any potential loss, cost, or damage) relating to the Service, any Content, and/or Company’s intellectual property rights (including such Company may claim that may be in dispute), Company’s operations, and/or Company’s products or services.
- d) No Class Action Matters. YOU AND COMPANY AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING OR AS AN ASSOCIATION. Disputes will be litigated only on an individual basis and will not be joined or consolidated with any other proceedings that involve any claim or controversy of any other party. There shall be no right or authority for any Dispute to be litigated on a class action basis or on any basis involving Disputes brought in a purported representative capacity on behalf of the general public, or other persons or entities similarly situated.
- e) Federal and State Courts in Chicago, Cook County, Illinois. Any action or proceeding relating to any Dispute arising hereunder may only be instituted in state or Federal courts located in Chicago, Cook County, Illinois. Accordingly, you and Company consent to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of such courts for such matters, and you waive any claim that such court is not a convenient forum.
- DISCLAIMER OF REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE”, AND “WITH ALL FAULTS” BASIS. Therefore, to the fullest extent permissible by law, Company and its subsidiaries and each of their respective employees, directors, members, managers, shareholders, agents, vendors, licensors, licensees, contractors, customers, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Company Parties”) hereby disclaim and make no representations, warranties, endorsements, or promises, express or implied, as to:
(a) the Service (including the Content);
(b) the functions, features, or any other elements on, or made accessible through, the Service;
(c) any products, services, or instructions offered or referenced at or linked through the Service;
(d) whether the Service or the servers that make the Service available are free from any harmful components (including viruses, Trojan horses, and other technologies that could adversely impact your Device);
(e) whether the information (including any instructions) on the Service is accurate, complete, correct, adequate, useful, timely, or reliable;
(f) whether any defects to or errors on the Service will be repaired or corrected;
(g) whether your access to the Service will be uninterrupted;
(h) whether the Service will be available at any particular time or location; and
(i) whether your use of the Service is lawful in any particular jurisdiction.
EXCEPT FOR ANY SPECIFIC WARRANTIES PROVIDED HEREIN OR IN ADDITIONAL TERMS PROVIDED BY A COMPANY PARTY, COMPANY PARTIES HEREBY FURTHER DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR MISAPPROPRIATION OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES, TITLE, CUSTOM, TRADE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, SYSTEM INTEGRATION, AND FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS.
Some jurisdictions limit or do not allow the disclaimer of implied or other warranties so the above disclaimers may not apply to the extent such jurisdictions’ laws are applicable.
- LIMITATIONS OF OUR LIABILITY
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY COMPANY PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, including personal injury or death or for any direct, indirect, economic, exemplary, special, punitive, incidental, or consequential losses or damages that are directly or indirectly related to:
(a) the Service (including the Content);
(b) your use of or inability to use the Service, or the performance of the Service;
(c) any action taken in connection with an investigation by Company Parties or law enforcement authorities regarding your access to or use of the Service;
(d) any action taken in connection with copyright or other intellectual property owners or other rights owners;
(e) any errors or omissions in the Service’s technical operation; or
(f) any damage to any user’s computer, hardware, software, modem, or other equipment or technology, including damage from any security breach or from any virus, bugs, tampering, fraud, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer line, or network failure or any other technical or other malfunction, including losses or damages in the form of lost profits, loss of goodwill, loss of data, work stoppage, accuracy of results, or equipment failure or malfunction.
The foregoing limitations of liability will apply even if any of the foregoing events or circumstances were foreseeable and even if Company Parties were advised of or should have known of the possibility of such losses or damages, regardless of whether you bring an action based in contract, negligence, strict liability, or tort (including whether caused, in whole or in part, by negligence, acts of god, telecommunications failure, or destruction of the Service).
EXCEPT AS MAY BE PROVIDED IN ANY ADDITIONAL TERMS, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL COMPANY PARTIES’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU, FOR ALL POSSIBLE DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICE AND YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THESE TERMS, EXCEED AN AMOUNT EQUAL TO THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID COMPANY IN CONNECTION WITH THE TRANSACTION(S) THAT UNDERLIE THE CLAIM(S); PROVIDED, HOWEVER, THIS PROVISION WILL NOT APPLY IF A TRIBUNAL WITH APPLICABLE JURISDICTION FINDS SUCH TO BE UNCONSCIONABLE.
- De Groot Character
You hereby recognize and acknowledge that (i) the De Groot character depicted in artwork, prints and apparel sold on this Website it is distinct and different from the character known as Groot, (ii) you find the artwork and other Content on this Website to be both funny and transformative from other Groot artwork, prints and merchandise, and (iii) you cannot find any other artwork or prints like the De Groot artwork, prints and apparel for sale anywhere else. You further understand and acknowledge that De Groot depicted on our Website, in our Content and on our Merchandise is NOT a space alien, but rater simply a person who looks different, and has a vocabulary equivalent to ours, and is not limited in its vocabulary.
Sales of De Groot prints, artwork, T-Shirts or other apparel will not be not be permitted absent your agreement to these terms and conditions.
- Updates to Terms
These Terms (or if applicable Additional Terms), in the form posted at the time of your use of the applicable services to which it applies, shall govern such use (including transactions entered during such use). AS OUR SERVICE EVOLVES, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS UNDER WHICH WE OFFER THE SERVICE MAY PROSPECTIVELY BE MODIFIED AND WE MAY CEASE OFFERING THE SERVICE UNDER THE TERMS OR ADDITIONAL TERMS FOR WHICH THEY WERE PREVIOUSLY OFFERED. ACCORDINGLY, EACH TIME YOU SIGN IN TO OR OTHERWISE USE THE SERVICE YOU ARE ENTERING INTO A NEW AGREEMENT WITH US ON THE THEN APPLICABLE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND YOU AGREE THAT WE MAY NOTIFY YOU OF OTHER TERMS BY POSTING THEM ON THE SERVICE (OR IN ANY OTHER REASONABLE MANNER OF NOTICE WHICH WE ELECT), AND THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE AFTER SUCH NOTICE CONSTITUTES YOUR GOING FORWARD AGREEMENT TO THE OTHER TERMS FOR YOUR NEW USE AND TRANSACTIONS. Therefore, you should review the posted terms of service and any applicable Additional Terms each time you use the Service (at least prior to each transaction or submission). The new terms will be effective as to new use and transactions as of the time that we post them, or such later date as may be specified in them or in other notice to you. However, the terms of service (and any applicable Additional Terms) that applied when you previously used the Service will continue to apply to such prior use (i.e., changes and additions are prospective only) unless mutually agreed. In the event any notice to you of new, revised or additional terms is determined by a tribunal to be insufficient, the prior agreement shall continue until sufficient notice to establish a new agreement occurs. You should frequently check the home page, and the email you associated with your purchases for notices, all of which you agree are reasonable manners of providing you notice. You can reject any new, revised or Additional Terms by discontinuing use of the Service and related services.
- General Provisions
- a) Company’s Consent or Approval. As to any provision in these Terms or any Additional Terms that grants Company a right of consent or approval or permits Company to exercise a right in its “sole discretion,” Company may exercise that right in its sole and absolute discretion. No Company consent or approval may be deemed to have been granted by Company without being in writing and signed by an officer of Company.
- b) Applicable Law. These Terms and any Additional Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with, and any Dispute will be resolved in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without regard to its conflicts of law provisions.
- c) Indemnity. You agree to, and you hereby, defend, indemnify, and hold Company Parties harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, costs, investigations, liabilities, judgments, fines, penalties, settlements, interest, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) that directly or indirectly arise from or are related to any claim, suit, action, demand, or proceeding made or brought against any Company Party, or on account of the investigation, defense, or settlement thereof, arising out of or in connection with, whether occurring heretofore or hereafter: (i) your use of the Service and your activities in connection with the Service; (ii) your breach or alleged breach of these Terms or any Additional Terms; (iii) your violation or alleged violation of any laws, rules, regulations, codes, statutes, ordinances, or orders of any governmental or quasi-governmental authorities in connection with your use of the Service or your activities in connection with the Service; (iv) information or material transmitted through your Device, even if not submitted by you, that infringes, violates, or misappropriates any copyright, trademark, trade secret, trade dress, patent, publicity, privacy, or other right of any person or entity; (v) any misrepresentation made by you; and (vi) Company Parties’ use of the information that you submit to us (all of the foregoing, “Claims and Losses”). You will cooperate as fully required by Company Parties in the defense of any Claim and Losses. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Company Parties retain the exclusive right to settle, compromise, and pay any and all Claims and Losses. Company Parties reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any Claims and Losses. You will not settle any Claims and Losses without, in each instance, the prior written consent of an officer of a Company Party.
- d) Operation of Service; Availability of Products and Services; International Issues.Company controls and operates the Service from its offices in the United States of America., and Company makes no representation that the Service is appropriate or available for use beyond the United States of America. If you use the Service from other locations, you are doing so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws regarding your online conduct and acceptable content, if and to the extent local laws apply. The Service may describe products and services that are available only in the United States of America, (or only parts of it) and are not available worldwide. We reserve the right to limit the availability of the Service and/or the provision of any content, program, product, service, or other feature described or available on the Service to any person, entity, geographic area, or jurisdiction, at any time and in our sole discretion, and to limit the quantities of any content, program, product, service, or other feature that we provide. You and we disclaim any application to these Terms of the Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods.
- e) Severability; Interpretation.If any provision of these Terms, or any Additional Terms, is for any reason deemed invalid, unlawful, void, or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, then that provision will be deemed severable from these Terms or the Additional Terms, and the invalidity of the provision will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remainder of these Terms or the Additional Terms (which will remain in full force and effect). To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to waive, and you hereby waive, any applicable statutory and common law that may permit a contract to be construed against its drafter. Wherever the word “including” is used in these Terms or any Additional Terms, the word will be deemed to mean “including, without limitation,”.
- f) When you communicate with us electronically, such as via email and text message, you consent to receive communications from us electronically. Please note that we are not obligated to respond to inquiries that we receive. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
- g) Investigations; Cooperation with Law Enforcement; Termination; Survival.Company reserves the right, without any limitation, to: (i) investigate any suspected breaches of its Service security or its information technology or other systems or networks, (ii) investigate any suspected breaches of these Terms and any Additional Terms, (iii) investigate any information obtained by Company in connection with reviewing law enforcement databases or complying with criminal laws, (iv) involve and cooperate with law enforcement authorities in investigating any of the foregoing matters, (v) prosecute violators of these Terms and any Additional Terms, and (vi) discontinue the Service, in whole or in part, or, except as may be expressly set forth in any Additional Terms, suspend or terminate your access to it, in whole or in part, including any user accounts or registrations, at any time, without notice, for any reason and without any obligation to you or any third party. Any suspension or termination will not affect your obligations to Company under these Terms or any Additional Terms. Upon suspension or termination of your access to the Service, or upon notice from Company, all rights granted to you under these Terms, or any Additional Terms will cease immediately, and you agree that you will immediately discontinue use of the Service. The provisions of these Terms and any Additional Terms, which by their nature should survive your suspension or termination will survive, including the rights and licenses you grant to Company in these Terms, as well as the indemnities, releases, disclaimers, and limitations on liability and the provisions regarding jurisdiction, choice of law, no class action, and mandatory arbitration.
- h) Company may assign its rights and obligations under these Terms and any Additional Terms, in whole or in part, to any party at any time without any notice. These Terms and any Additional Terms may not be assigned by you, and you may not delegate your duties under them, without the prior written consent of an officer of Company.
- i) No Waiver.Except as expressly set forth in these Terms or any Additional Terms, (i) no failure or delay by you or Company in exercising any of rights, powers, or remedies under will operate as a waiver of that or any other right, power, or remedy, and (ii) no waiver or modification of any term of these Terms or any Additional Terms will be effective unless in writing and signed by the party against whom the waiver or modification is sought to be enforced.
- j) You are responsible for obtaining and maintaining all Devices and other equipment and software, and all internet service provider, mobile service, and other services needed for your access to and use of the Service and you will be responsible for all charges related to them.
- k) California Consumer Rights and Notices.Residents of California are entitled to the following specific consumer rights information: you may contact the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the Department of Consumer Affairs by mail at: 400 R St., Suite 1080, Sacramento, California 95814, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254. Their website is located at: http://www.dca.ca.gov.